On Sat, Aug 08, 2020 at 06:42:16PM -0700, David Reagan wrote:

> By key you mean use 'raygun.zat' instead of 'k...@raygun.zat'?

The former is the lookup key that Postfix asks the lookup table to find.

> Also, if you look at the query, I use '%d'. So, unless I'm
> misunderstanding the docs, postfix will replace that with 'raygun.zat'
> even if it gets 'k...@raygun.zat'.

That's your mistake.  You can ONLY use %d with tables whose lookup keys
are email addresses (localpart@domain).  When the lookup key is already
just the domain, the %d expansion will not find any domain, and will
skip the lookup.

You're confused about the layering.  The table driver interprets %d,
but the virtual_mailbox_domains feature uses domain-only keys.

--
    Viktor.