Jeff Abrahamson skrev den 2020-12-15 12:17:
I received an obvious fishing mail today from ad...@p27.eu (my own
domain).  I appear not to be running an open relay (say the sorts of
websites that offer to check these things), and yet this happened:

why do you accept your own domain in port 25 as envelope sender ?, you should reject this

Am I reading this wrong?  Why was that able to happen?  I would have
expected a reject because something that is not my domain claimed to
be sending mail from my domain without authentication.

its not openrelay, but 100% forged sender domain, there is no dkim problem, aslong as opendkim does not see client ip as internal network, then it would be dkim sign of forged sender :/

why spammers try it is that spamassassin naively have whitelist_from, you should not use this, but only test on whitelist_auth