On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 4:58 PM Emmett Culley
<lst_man...@webengineer.com> wrote:

> On 2/24/21 12:40 PM, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Feb 2021, Wietse Venema wrote:
> >
> >> Postfix version 3.6 deprecates terminology that implies white is
> >> better than black. Instead, Postfix prefers 'allowlist', 'denylist',
> >> and variations on those words.
> >
> > We had a late start, but it seems Newspeak will be established until 2050
> > as originally intended by ministery of truth.
> >
> > Doubleplusgood!
> >
> > Ciao
> What it the problem people seem to have with honest attempts to address
> systemic racism in the world and the US especially.  We can expect NOTHING to
> change if we take a "I couldn't be bothered" attitude.

      What if the rest of the world is a bit confused with the
American concept that racism starts and ends at affecting blacks,
hence the need to fix the "white is better than black"? And under the
same principle, there is no concern regarding whether the ideas
expressed by replacement words will translate properly to other
languages or have a symmetry to begin with (looking at you
spamassassin).

> I can only assume that if you are complaining about someone else's attempt to
> begin taking action, then you are a racist.  If not, then I apologize.  But
> only if you are not.

      It must be nice to live in a world where everything is clearly
compatimentarized and demarcated without a middle ground. You know,
like characters in the average American blockbuster: you are either
good or evil, 1 or 0, true or false, left or right, racist or not, and
(bonus points if you know who I am alluding to) either with me or
against me. Unfortunately, my world is a bit more complex.