Steve Dondley:
> OK, I don't feel quite so foolish. The guide here is what I apparently
> followed when I initially set up spamassassin:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianSpamAssassin
>
> So I now know how to fix the duplicates by removing the "-o
> content_filter=spamassassin"
>
> However, if I want to leave that in (which I apparently do), how do I
> properly stop duplicates from happening?

If 'always_bcc' produces three copies (with spamassassin turned on)
for one email message with three recipients, then Postfix is
mis-configured, for example, to deliver three one-recipient messages
to the content filter.

If a pre-packaged solution works for you then may well be a better
option than building something by pasting random stuff from the web.