Steve Dondley:
> > If 'always_bcc' produces three copies (with spamassassin turned on)
> > for one email message with three recipients, then Postfix is
>
> It's actually generating 3 emails even if sending to only one recipient.

Consider that Postfix deduplicates recipients. If you add a fixed
recipient with always_bcc as the message traverses through Postfix,
then it should deduplicate to one always_bcc recipient.

However, you can easily brreak alwaysbcc dedupliucation by setting
spamassassin_destination_recipient_limit=1 or
default_destination_recipient_limit=1 which forces Postfix to split
deliveries to the content filter as folllows:

1) Before filter, one message, Postfix has added one alwaysbcc recipient
- original recipient
- alwaysbcc recipient

Postfix delivers to the filter: messages 2) and 3) each with one recipient

2) One copy if message 1) with only the original recipient
- original recipient

3) One copy if message 1) with only the alwaysbcc recipient
- alwaysbcc recipient

Filter delivers to Postfix: messages 2) and 3) each with one recipient.

After Postfix receives the messages it produces messages 4) and 5)

4) One copy of message 2) after Postfix has added one alwaysbcc recipient
- original recipient
- alwaysbcc recipient

5) One copy of message 3) Postfix does not add another alwaysbcc recipient
(because Postfix deduplicates recipients)
- alwaysbcc recipient

So now you have to email messages that will be sent to your alwaysbcc
recipient.

I am not going to give an example of how you end up with three
messages.  You have all the information in the maillog file
(status=sent logging) and in the message headers.

You may also have disabled recipient duplication. We will
never knwo unles yo reveal yur configration as described
in http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail.