On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 02:43:29PM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
<uh...@fantomas.sk> wrote:

- dedicated port for smtp/ssl was deprecated (in fact never standrdized)

On 15.08.21 09:04, raf wrote:
I think that used to be true, but they had a rethink.

This proposed standard (Jan 2018) indicates so:

 3.3.  Implicit TLS for SMTP Submission
 https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8314.html#section-3.3

this is for submission.  I'm not exactly sure what was the original supposed
usage, but many providers started using it for implicit-ssl submission and
it stayed like this and was standardized like this...

So "smtps" is dead. Long live "submissions".

But it isn't for server-to-server use.

precisely.

Honk if you love peace and quiet.