On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 09:35:35AM +0000, Vincent Pelletier wrote:

> I would rather postfix just stop sending emails altogether in such
> case, than send them from an unexpected ip: a delay is preferable to
> me to uncertainty as to how the emails were processed by recipient
> SMTPs.
>
> Is there something else I should set so postfix stops falling back to
> no binding ?

No such setting is presently available in Postfix:

https://github.com/vdukhovni/postfix/blob/master/postfix/src/smtp/smtp_connect.c#L231-L234

Instead, monitor your system configuration for absence of IP addresses
expected by the Postfix configuration, and add any transports whose
IP address is not configured to "defer_transports" (if not already
present) and execute "postfix reload".

You can collect the list of configured addresses via:

    (
        postconf -xh smtp_bind_address
        postconf -Ph '*/unix/smtp_bind_address'
    ) | sort -u

The warnings in the logs should also be noticed.

--
    Viktor.