On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:36:35 -0400 (EDT),
Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote :
> This would require a new setting, for example to make smtp_bind_address
> failures a retryable error.
>
> smtp_bind_address_failure_action = warn (or defer)
>
> warn: current behavior
> defer: treat as a faiilure to connect

This looks like something I would want to use in my situation. Does the
implementation complexity and maintenance cost look reasonable to you,
for what seems to be a rather niche use (otherwise someone else would
certainly have done the same mistake before) ?

Until this is available, I will follow what Viktor suggests: monitoring
and dynamically deferring emails, and notify me of the issue while at
it. The email rate on this system should be low enough that the monitor
will notice the issue before any significant volume went through.

Regards,
--
Vincent Pelletier
ERP5 - open source ERP/CRM for flexible enterprises