Hello,

I configured my Email server (actually a mailcow-dockerized which in turn uses
postfix) to enforce TLS for outbound mail. Obviously that will fail
occasionally, but I also have a daemon watching the postfix queue and alerting
me. Kind of works for me. Ok, while subscribing to this mailing list I had to
add two more exceptions, because this mailing list uses an untrusted
certificate (https://www.checktls.com/TestReceiver?LEVEL=DETAIL
<https://www.checktls.com/TestReceiver?LEVEL=DETAIL&amp;EMAIL=majord...@postfix.org>
 &amp;EMAIL=majord...@postfix.org). Aren´t letsencrypt certs cheap enough in
order to get rid of untrusted certificates?

When reading the documentation page
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls however I am wondering what
the difference between options “verify” and “secure” is. I read it several
times and got the message, I should not use either, but what exactly is the
difference remained unclear to me. Is “DNS forgery resistant server certificate
verification“ defined in some RFC or other document I am not aware of?

Thanks, Joachim