On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 12:29:43AM -0600, Rob McGee wrote:
> On 2022-01-12 21:45, Fred Morris wrote:
> > If you've got a static IP and there's no games being played, it should
> > work as long as the connection is "always on" and accepts connections
> > (SYN) on port 25 from the outside world. -- FWM
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Jan 2022, Yamadaえりな wrote:
> > >
> > > I have got a DSL from the ISP, having a static IP.
> > > Can I run postfix with this IP for accepting email for my own domain?
>
> Fred and Richard are of course correct, but you are very likely to
> have problems sending mail from a residential IP netblock.  See if
> you're on PBL:
>   https://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/
>
> If your ISP will set a custom PTR record for your IP address, you
> can remove yourself from PBL.  If not, you can possibly receive at
> your home IP address, but you would have to relay outbound through
> a VPS.  Or, upgrade to business-class service from your ISP.  Most
> often a VPS is cheaper.

I run Postfix on my home Desktop machine (always on), it basically
only manages E-Mail to and from my hosting service which is where most
of the domains that I actually use for my 'public' E-Mails reside.

For outgoing E-Mail my postfix server just sends everything out to my
ISP's 'smarthost'.

--
Chris Green