On 2022-02-07 21:09, SH Development wrote:
The user in question was moved to another server on our network.  So,

This was not stated in the OP.

in effect, yes, I was sending to the removed user on another server.

I have sent to the “moved” user from an outside address and it
works as expected.

I believe the issue is that when I send a test email, the moved user
was on the same server and therefore considered local.  Somehow,
postfix still thinks the user is on the old server even though I have
removed all references to it that I am aware of.

It sounds like you are trying to share one domain's hosting among
two or more servers.  This is not a trivial thing to do.

One way to do it is with per-address transport_maps, routing each
address to the correct server.  You are not doing this.

Another way to do it is with Dovecot director, and likewise, I see
no evidence of this.

If, as it appears (STILL without logs and complete config as per
DEBUG_README.htkl#mail), you have simply assigned each server the
authority of the domain in virtual_mailbox_domains, users on one
server will not be able to contact users on the other one[s].  And
mail from outside will be playing Russian roulette: delivered if
the correct server is reached, rejected otherwise.

How big is this operation?  How many thousands of users, how many
domains?  If as I suspect, you're not that big, YDIW.  Just go with
a single server and make your life easier.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/