On 2022-12-04 at 20:57:49 UTC-0500 (Sun, 4 Dec 2022 20:57:49 -0500)
John Stoffel <j...@stoffel.org>
is rumored to have said:

"Rob" == Rob McGee <r...@nodns4.us> writes:

On 12/3/2022 9:37 AM, John Stoffel wrote:
"Jim" == Jim Popovitch <jim...@domainmail.org> writes:

On Fri, 2022-12-02 at 11:36 -0500, John Stoffel wrote:
I check, but I find my IP for mail.stoffel.org in the UCEPROTECT-3
spam list.  Nothing I can do about it.

I doubt that many sites block by using UCEPROTECH-3 alone, but you can
use www.whitelisted.org to be excluded from it.

I'm not going to pay those scum to get my IP whitelisted, that's just
blackmail.  How does paying some extortionate third party make my
email problems go away?

Like Jim said, it's very unlikely that a UCEPROTECT listing would be the
cause of any delivery problems. Do you have some evidence that your
target site (charter.net?) is using UCEPROTECT for blocking?

If so, please share that evidence. If not, assume your listing has
nothing to do with your problem. It surely does not.

I'm not sure honestly, and charter isn't saying.

You are missing the point here.

NO ONE running a serious mailserver will reject mail based on a UCEPROTECT level 3 listing. It is a waste of your energy to focus on that listing.

Your problem is Linode. They have had a steady stream of spamming custromers that they have failed to deal with for extended periods. Some mail systems have responded by rejecting all mail from all machines on Linode networks.

I was on a chat with
a 1st level support guy for over an hour, and each time he came with
an RBL to check, or some other setting, I was able ot show that my
IP/hostname was clean, without any entries.  The only entry I could
find was in the UCEPROTECT-3 list, which blocks entire chunks.

Which means nothing. The existence of a DNSBL does not imply in any way that it is used by anyone anywhere to block mail.

UCEPROTECT is and always has been an unserious operation with a little bit of extortion mixed in. They are not the reason your mail is being shunned.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire