* Jim Popovitch via Postfix-users:

> On Fri, 2023-03-10 at 17:35 +0200, mailmary--- via Postfix-users wrote:
>
>> Looking at the opendkim/opendmarc right now, they appear dead over
>> the past 2 years or so, which is sad really.
>
> It's not sad at all. It's a testament to the stability of the project.
> Sure, both projects could use some polishing maybe, but that is not
> something that is "sad"

Looking at the number of open issues and pull requests on GitHub for both
OpenDKIM and OpenDMARC, the assessment "He's dead, Jim." seems fitting
to me. To give just one example, Michael Orlitzky and I opened a pull
request adding OpenRC support (required for Gentoo Linux) to OpenDKIM in
April 2019 [1], and that PR is still stuck in limbo, as are many other
enhancements and bugfixes. To me, these are not signs of maturity or
stability, but of abandonment and death.

-Ralph

[1] https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/OpenDKIM/pull/41