ADDRESS_CLASS_README:

The most misleading place for me was the ADDRESS_CLASS_README

For "The virtual alias domain class" it says:
"Valid recipient addresses are listed with the virtual_alias_maps parameter" which is of course true, but there is nothing special about the virtual alias domain class in that respect. After reading that readme, one could be forgiven for thinking that the virtual_alias_maps would not be applied to the other domain classes.

The virtual_alias_maps parameter should at least be mentioned in the recipient address text of the other domain class explanations.

Perhaps another less confusing way to document it would be to describe a "class-less" mode of operation that uses just the virtual_alias_maps and transport_maps, and go on to say that class-full and class-less routing can co-exist.

ADDRESS_REWRITING_README:
Resolve address to section

I think the virtual_alias_domain should be in both tables.

The first to show that this is a Postfix 2.0 feature and also to link to the virtual_alias_domains parameter and to exhaustively document the possible input domains. The delivery method for Virtual alias can be stated as "Not Applicable".

Q: how would an entry in virtual_alias_maps like localpart@$virtual_alias_domains localpart@$virtual_alias_domains be handled? A: It would stay in $virtual_alias_domains and be handed to {$transport_maps, $default_transport} ???

The second table should include Virtual Alias to again, exhaustively document the possible inputs. Transport sources and next hop sources are the same as Default domain class ???.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between virtual_alias_domains and the default domain class, is that virtual_alias_domains will bounce recipients not in virtual_alias_maps or canonical_maps? Please correct me.

   Sean.