On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 03:53:17PM +0200, Robert Senger via Postfix-users wrote:

> I have a few freemail accounts that I use mainly for testing and
> special purposes. All those accounts are forwaring incoming mail to a
> corresponding account at my ow server, like
> "r.senger_<espname>@example.com". For sending, I've defined
> sender_dependent_relayhost_maps that relay all mail sent by any of
> these accounts to the ESP's smpt server (credentials stored in
> sasl_passwd).
>
> That works fine as long as mail ist sent to foreign domains. But if I
> send mail from one of these local accounts to any recipient at the
> local domain, e.g. robert.sen...@example.com, it gets delivered locally
> rather that though the ISP's server, since
> sender_dependend_relay_host_maps has low priority. This can for example
> cause issues if the mail goes to a locally hosted mailinglist, since it
> misses the ESP's dkim signature when sent out to the subscibers.
>
> Is there a possibility to get all mail sent from a certain local
> authenticated user through an external relay, even if the recipient is
> a local virtual user?
>
> I know I could configure the MUA to use the ESP's smpt server, but
> that's not desired. I think a multi instance setup could do that job,
> but that requires a lot reconfiguration of the system.

What you propose would loop, when the mail returns to your system for
delivery.  The simplest approach is a separate Postfix instance that
for outbound mail that does not have any "local" domains, all mail
is relayed somewhere else, possibly to the inbound instance for local
delivery.

    https://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html

--
    Viktor.