Hi All,

Have a legacy server that I've just taken over maintaining.  It's set up
with postfix that handles a small handful of email users.  In looking
through the logfile I'll frequently see emails bouncing (and the bounce
messages being deferred so they just sit in the queue wasting retries).
The email will be from
some_spammy_text-myuser=mydomain....@notmydomain.com   and addressed to
myu...@mydomain.com.

The LHS always seems to have the same basic format ie. the underscores and
the equal sign so it seems obvious that they're trying to accomplish
something specific.   Is it supposed to help them get past spam filtering,
or get around some sort of bug?

Can anyone enlighten me as to what they're trying to accomplish and if I
should be doing anything configuration wise to block them from accomplishing
it??     Is it supposed to help them get past spam filtering, or get around
some sort of bug?

Cheers,