Peter via Postfix-users wrote in
 <8b2661ea-5560-af5a-e674-d2fb10094...@pajamian.dhs.org>:
 |On 23/08/23 11:58, Steffen Nurpmeso via Postfix-users wrote:
 |> "The problem" (i have given up and did not try it for long) is the
 |> configuration directory.  Does this work without configuration
 |> directory?  I had to try again.
 |>
 |> So last i tried.
 |> If you do not compile custom, but still want a custom
 |> configuration (directory), you need command line options.
 |
 |Or you can set the MAIL_CONFIG environment variable, which should be
 |easy enough to do system-wide.

Hm.  Whereas this is also an idea for anything session-like (not
explicitly cleared thereof that is) i have not thought of, it does
not solve "the problem of directory access".  But as this seems to
me only my problem (occasionally container support shows up, but
that is something different .. i think) i am fine with as it is.
But i will try out Wietse Venema's suggestion soonish, ie, basic
installation in /etc/ but which does not drive the real postfix,
and then "making the maildrop available" to the basic
installation.

--steffen