On Sun, Aug 27, 2023 at 03:13:43AM -0400, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote:

> Bill Sommerfeld via Postfix-users:
> > About three years ago there was a thread on postfix-users ("Comcast 421
> > throttling multiple recipients") discussing a low-traffic site having
> > difficulties sending to multiple recipients at comcast in a single smtp
> > session.  The thread starts here:
> >
> >     https://www.mail-archive.com/postfix-users@postfix.org/msg88394.html
> >
> > and it appears to have died out without consensus on what was going on.
> >
> > I believe I understand what the original poster was seeing because it
> > just happened to me.  Having a way to disable the special per-recipient
> > behavior when ${transport}_destination_recipient_limit=1 would be very
> > useful in working around quirky receiver like this.
>
> Would it be sufficient to never send more than 1 recipient per
> mesage, thus never trigger their temporary "block all mail" strategy,
> and avoid the need for the kludges described here?

Meanwhile, I pinged to a Comcast contact.  He mentioned that they're
reachable via the "mailop" list, and may perhaps consider loosening the
limits a bit.  I hope that'll happen, and small Postfix systems with
neutral/unknown "reputation" wouldn't have to jump through excessive
hoops just to deliver an occasional multi-recipient message.

--
    Viktor.