Hi!

From MariaDB 10.5.2, the require_secure_transport system variable is available.
When set (by default it is off), connections attempted using insecure transport
will be rejected. Secure transports are SSL/TLS, Unix sockets or named pipes.
Note that requirements set for specific user accounts will take precedence over
this setting.

See <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/securing-connections-for-client-and-server/#requiring-tls>

Maybe you enabled TLS server side at the same time, but I’d guess that wasn’t the issue. I believe the issue is that you made it mandatory. Postfix is configured not to use TLS, so it opens a plain connection, and gets rejected (Access denied for user…) because of this setting.

Essentially, you need to make TLS optional or tell Postfix to use it using a MariaDB client option file.

Regards,

--
Étienne Miret
https://etienne.miret.io/