--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I've become curious about it.
> > From the *Keys command I guess this proggy has its own menu
> > bar, but I've never seen any console program which has its
> > own menu bar or its own context menu.
> > Is it really a console proggy? What is this program?
> 
> cmd.exe is the Command interpreter for the NT/2K/XP versions of windows.
> It's an emulated dos environment. Just like dosprmpt (or
command.com) in 98,
> you can run it windowed, or fullscreen. Windowed mode, it has the
standard
> window control, and has a menu for some standard stuff.

AFAIK, cmd.exe is not a (emulated) dos environment.
It's a genuine 32-bit command shell, which has nothing to do
with DOS. So, it's different from command.com in 9x which is
a 16-bit shell (maybe dos).
BTW, the environment in NT for the genuine 16-bit proggies
is provided ntvdm.exe (with wowexec.exe).

Anyway, what I meant with *Keys command was:
%ep -> "Alt+ &Edit" + "&Paste", selected from Menu Bar
in the usual windows proggies.



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/JV_rlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to