> However, when I code & test this, it doesn't work; i.e., the 
> resulting *info bar seems to contain the entire code text.  I can't 
> figure out why it's failing.
> 
> Here's the code in both readable and usable format:
> http://tinyurl.com/3aafgk
>

Its difficult to debug complex expressions in *info, so I would first 
get it working in a script.

If the error message there is still too hard to pin down, try splitting 
the expression into pieces, maybe
locap part1 = 
local part2 = 
local result =
till you isolate the error.

Also note that PowerPro expressions (and statements) cannot be longer 
than abou 512 characters:  you will get cryptic error messages if they 
are.

YOu can rename the variable to shorten.  Or try something like 
calculating and assigning the expression to a variables, if-else just 
to test sign and produce either "-" or "", then ++ rest of expression 
(so you do not have to repeat formatting).




Reply via email to