In a message dated 8/6/01 04:52:37, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>So far I've been unable to get the computer to recognise an external
>CD drive so I suspect I'm missing some extensions. A clean re-install
>of software seems to be the better choice.

"P",

The PB 5300 will only recognize an external CD if it is Apple branded or you
start it up with a CD that has a useable System Folder on it(not too old, not
too new). Once it recognizes the CD you can swap it out and go from there.

That should get you going, if not email back, and Iwill send you copies of my
floppy rescue disks.

IIRC the d/l for the modem script is mislabeled, as it is a full version.
Also read thru the upgrades carefully if you go too far it will damage your
modem. But you can upgrade the modem to 33.6.

Brent