> At 6:27 PM -0800 3/28/02, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
>> Incidentally, note to Paul Nelson: GURU (at least version 2.9) does not
>> say anything about the RAM cards needing to be matched, nor does it appear
>> in the Service Manual or User's Manual.
>
> Paul Nelson on 3/28/02 10:22 PM wrote:
> You didn't read it very well.  If you go down the pull down menu to
> 56 MB RAM on the RAM page, it does say PRECISELY that.
> Paul

Hmmm...I don't find a reference saying it has to be matched pairs (at least
not in v.2.8 of the GURU app). As a matter of fact, under 56MB it suggests:

8 MB in Apple slot
1 PB1400-24M
1 PB1400-16M
__or__
8 MB in Apple slot
1 PB1400-48M

These certainly aren't matched pairs.

I continued looking at the other RAM variation with no luck. Heck, I even
went and checked Mr. Rutabaga Head and Mr. Java with no luck. I do have to
concede that I didn't check all the variants of Mr. Rutabaga Head (Cowboy,
Hillbilly, Rastafarian) only Continental.

One note, I do like the "poink" (or "poke-in-the-eye") sound you get when
clicking on the little picture icons in the upper right corner :^)

-makmac

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.