>  > > Im not sure if is the apple card or one of the other cards.  I also
>>  > dont know if it matters if its the older version of the 1400 or the
>>  > newer one. Sometimes having 3 modules is trouble.  Try adding the 4
>>  > meg apple card back in and see if you can get to 60 megs.
>
>>  This, also, worked. It would appear, then, that the problem was the 8MB
>>  "Apple module" that I installed in there -- I guess the /117 only will work
>>  with its original 4MB module?
>
>Or should I say, the cs/117 will only work with multiple stackable RAM
>modules with its original 4MB Apple module? Mildly irritating :-)

I know one can get 64 megs in the old machines.  For example, I have
a 32 and a 24 meg card stacked, + the 8 soldered on my mobo (older
machine).  It would seem that having 3 cards with one of them the
apple 8 meg card, is sometimes trouble.

Mad Dog

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.