From:Dan Knight
> I'm sure you're all aware of the campaign by Rick Bauer to destroy Low
> End Mac by telling our advertisers what a terrible site we are for
> allowing our writers to share some opinions Mr. Bauer disagreed with.

and

From: Bruce Guthrie

From:martin
>hear hear.  If we don't tell them, how else will they know? They
>obviously haven't the time to look into these things intelligently
>for themselves. Ain't no way to run a business. And yikes, I read the
>posted correspondence...what IS it with fanatics anyway?

What is the problem with what this guy did?  Ok, yeah he got real upset.  I
was pretty upset when all of this began too.

Are you angry that he took action?  I would agree that he went too far.

Are you angry that the advertisers found out about what is being published
on LowEnd Mac?  They should be aware of that anyway.

Are you angry that they pulled out their money when they found out about
these articles?  Well, you should think about that.  People and companies
are not required to support ideas that they disagree with.

The Moore articles are totally irresponsible in light of the times we are
living.  It was recently reported that violence in America against Muslims,
Arabs, Persians, etc. has gone up something like 1000% since the September
attacks.  The Moore articles and the ideas behind them are fuel for that
fire.

This is not a free speech issue.  Mr. Knight chose to publish those
articles.  If his advertisers don't like the content, no matter how they
find out about it, they don't have to give him their money.

In asking us to boycott those businesses Mr. Knight  is NOT asking us to
support his freedom of speech.  He is asking us to support the content of
the articles in question.  That is something I refuse to do.

Now, will someone PLEASE help me figure out why my pb1400's cd-rom is
draining the battery so fast.

-tglaab