What I object to, is that these companies would withdraw support
without even bothering to contact Dan on the issue. I believe,
however, that these lists should be confined to their respective
subject matter, with a sprinkling of tolerance for the odd
editorialising by listers. I don't really want ANY fanatic cramming
his/her views down my throat, but I can live with the odd viewpoint
thrown in now and then, as long as it isn't a rant (as this was).

Having said that, this is another case of the Sqeekiest Wheel being
oiled, and I believe Dan was just suggesting a little counterbalance;
if a few of the more moderate members ALSO share their opinions with
the firms in question, they might reconsider withdrawing their
support for what is, in my opinion, a great service for all of us.
I've been assisted on many occasions by the helpful members of these
lists, and were Dan to fold them through lack of support, we'd all
feel the loss. I doubt if anyone could do a better job.

There, I'm done.  :)
Peace, baby.