Hello PowerBook users everywhere!

Before I purchase an internal video-out card for it, does anyone know if you
can operate the PowerBook 1400 with the lid closed if you use an external
keyboard, mouse and monitor?

The new Powerbooks can do this but iBooks can't, which I assume is not
because it can't but because they want you to spend more for additional
features. However, the PowerBook 1400 wasn't a budget notebook at the time
and the video out card supports video mirroring, which seems ideally suited
for this application...

If anyone of you PowerBook 1400 guru's can shed some light on this It'd be
much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Chris K.