Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:58:48 +0100
From: VidaVerde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: 3400, browser, JS and no PayPal - confused!

Hello, all, I'm hoping your joint expertise can puzzle this one out.

Our 3400's have always been hideously slow - to the point of choking
- on some websites such as ebay. In particular, https seems to kill
things.

In the end I found that using iCab &  turning off JS made ebay bearable.

But now, all of a sudden, I can't pay for anything with PayPal. I'm
not aware of any changes that I've made , but its been a few months
since I last tried. Any one else got this problem or is it just me?

What happens is that it fails at the last 'review and confirm' screen
- I click pay and it returns me to the same screen , or back to the
start of the payment process in Ebay. Doesn't make any difference
whether I start from ebay or paypal to do this. Looks like a JS
problem? Except that its still no good even with JS on.

Now I'm not sure if its either a problem with my particular machine,
or all old macs/browsers. I have tried IE 5 and Communcator 4.7 with
the same effect.

Any ideas anyone?

9.2.1
MRJ 2.2.5
iCab 2.98

If anyone had a solution it would be great, I'm seriously considering
getting a newer machine simply so I can browse the web properly, if
this can't be fixed.

Ben (confused and cross . . .)