At 01:24 PM +0100 10/05/2004, VidaVerde wrote:
>You're using the current iCab build? 2.9.8, dated 18 April?

Correct

>What browser and javascript identities are you using within iCab?

NS 4.7.9

And therein lies part of the problem. Set iCab to identify as iCab. Don't spoof unless you absolutely have to.

>For PayPal you have the various JavaScript (ECMAScript) types
enabled, except for JScript? This isn't being disabled by default or
>via a Filter?

Have ticked execute 1.0, 1.1, 1.2

Turn on all the versions of JavaScript, except JScript.

Ithought MRJ 2.2.5 couldn't do higher than JScript 1.2 ???????

Never heard of that. JScript <> Java. JScript is MS' bastardization / takeover attempt of JavaScript.

- but remember I cant get IE or Netscape to work either, and I thought that NS at least used a completely seperate JS (not from MRJ)

You are confusing JavaScript and Java.

JavaScript (or more formally ECMAScript) is a html scripting language driven from within the browser. Each browser has its own engine.

Java is a programming language. The run-time environment is either Apple's MRJ or MS' or Netscape's. Nothing to do with JavaScript.

- Dan.