In a message dated 11/9/05 5:49:33 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>> I'm looking at finally replacing my 190, after pondering it for a while,
>> and I'm wondering which model G3 is the best. I want to run OS 9 or OS
>> X, but it doesn't matter. My main issues are that I want a DVD drive and
>> a good keyboard. I know it's a Pre G3 list, but I figured if anyone
>> knew, y'all would.
>
>Its definetely Pismo. Make sure you have lots of memory in it if you
>want to run OS X on it :)

I don't want to start anything here, but a Wallstreet is my preferred G3
Powerbook over a Lombard & Pismo. Mine, with a 500mhz G4 upgrade, runs 10.2
also,
with about 384mb of RAM. But before it was upgraded it was a 300mhz and it
still ran OSX.

Lombards and Pismos seem (to me) to be a little buggy as far as their
processors. I have heard of many of them conking out from a bad ROM or
something; and
they are way more expensive to replace.

Wallstreets, for one thing, have two PC card bays. Now for a Pismo, with its
internal airport setup, that is fine, but what about the Lombard? Go wireless
with it, and you can forget using a FW pc card. Wallstreets offer more
expansion options, in my opinion.

Finally, if you're planning to continue to use any of your 190 accessories
(??? Expansion bay HD? ZIP module?) then perhaps the Kanga G3 is your best bet,
as it can use Powerbook 190-5300 accessories. Of course, no built-in DVD
capabilities with that option.

Good luck,

Ivy