[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

But in the tens of G3s I've worked on I've had FAR more issues with
Wallstreets - non-booting, battery charging and power management problems -
than on the Lombards and Pismos put together.

Half the Wallstreets I work on have bad Power Manager boards.

Very few have bad sound/power input boards.

The price of Wallstreet Is and IIs on the surplus market is now so low that buying them just for the 14.1" screen (complete with working hinges) ... or working PMU ... or working whatever ... alone, is worth the price.
Mind if I ask what the Wallstreet IIs are going for? Haven't found a way to check real sales except on that auction site. Are the prices on the everymac information pages legitimate or are they pretty outdated?

The problem I have around here is that no one seems to know the names of the mac laptops. Without that it's hard to find out what they're selling. When you email the seller, they frequently know nothing beyond turning it on and using it. When you think about it, that's probably just the way it should be!

BM