>But in the tens of G3s I've worked on I've had FAR more issues with
>Wallstreets - non-booting, battery charging and power management problems -
>than on the Lombards and Pismos put together.

Half the Wallstreets I work on have bad Power Manager boards.

Very few have bad sound/power input boards.

The price of Wallstreet Is and IIs on the surplus market is now so low
that buying them just for the 14.1" screen (complete with working hinges)
... or working PMU ... or working whatever ... alone, is worth the price.

Lombards are still on the expensive side.

Pismos doubly so, although an occasional bargain can be found.

Overall, as I do mostly DVD work the Pismo makes the most sense.

With a Pismo (or Lombard) I can burn a DVD at 2X internally, and at "best
speed" externally, although the Lombard (USB) is hardly better than the
internal 2X, while the Pismo and the external Firewire is competitive
with my desktop machines.