Then later, you said:

>No G4s here of ANY kind, and given MY finances, not likely. LOL

You just answered your own question. The reason why anyone would "run an old
'Book as their main Mac" is because of their "finances."

My main Mac is my 5300ce; seriously! With 64mb RAM (RAM Doubled to 128mb),
running AOL 5.0 and using high-speed wireless, it's all I need. It gets about
80% of all the computer use I need daily.

Admittedly, my needs are small. I read e-mail, answer list e-mail, do light
browsing and (offline) write as a part of my job. And while I do have a
Clamshell iBook and a WS in my boudouir, the 5300 is handy, small, has a great
keyboard, has cheap batteries and does not need to be delicately handled. I can
sit
outside near my cows with a bottle of Bailey's and write for hours.

I could afford better and faster, but I can do without high prices, service
plans and recall/repairs as I live 50 miles from any type of computer store.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Ivy F., AL
"Roll Tide!"
Beiges, 'Books and other oddities