And I thought I was roughing it with a beat up TiBook...you people put
me to shame :-)

Who here runs on the oldest 'Book (as their MAIN machine...anyone can
say they have a Mac Portable while using a 17" PBG4 as their daily
machine...that is, anyone with lots of disposable income!)

As for X, go for one that can run 10.3 or later. That's when X really
hit its stride. In addition the big cutoff for X software seems to
have stabilized around 10.3.x. That would be Lombard or Wallstreet
with XPostfacto.

-John

--
John A. Kneeland