I do the same thing -- 'dummy' filters that act as dividers. Folders
would be preferable, of course, as they would, when collapsed, actually
shorten the filter list considerably, whereas our current workaround
lengthens it.

From my own point of view, the filter organisation issue is a completely
different discussion/wish to the smart folders thing (although I
acknowledge that there is some tangential* overlap, as Marlyse pointed out).

Rick

*Tangential to me, possibly not to others.

--
G5 2GHz x2  ::  2GB RAM  ::  10.4.5  ::  PM 5.2.3  ::  3 pane mode

Shark Attack: A Design Studio
<www.sharkattack.co.uk>