I can't help thinking that maybe PM should be able to deal with such
corrupted HTML messages more gracefully than this. Victor alone would
seem to have lost 24 hours or more of time to this problem. Certain
things need to be acknowledged I think:

1. Whatever our feelings about them, we all receive HTML messages.
2. HTML messages can become corrupted.
3. By the very nature of email, many people will have mail databases
dating back several years.
4. If one corrupt email can throw PowerMail completely for a loop, then
there *must* be a better way of assisting the user to locate that
problem message than simply relying on them to sift through 30... 50...
100,000 messages trying to find the one. Assuming that they can get PM
to open in order to do it of course.

Even if it's just a crash log entry recording where the offending
message is in the database, that would be some help.

Rick

--
G5 2GHz x2  ::  2GB RAM  ::  10.4.5  ::  PM 5.2.3  ::  3 pane mode

Shark Attack: A Design Studio
<www.sharkattack.co.uk>