ff-musikbüro on 11/16/04 said

>my new provider only supports the "smtp after pop" protocol, which means,
>whenever I try to send a message, it gets refused, as I would have to
>look into my income-box first. Outlook Express offered a "time-schedule"
>for this. How can I do this with Power-Mail? Is there a script, that
>could do this?

I see you have answers as to how to accomplish this; I offer this in
addition in case it might be of some help.

My e-mail provider uses smtp after pop. This is because they offer e-mail
service while you are connected to any connection. However, I also use
their dial-up service so I asked if they had a different smtp server for
that; which they did. I set up power mail to use that other server which
seems to work even when I am connected wirelessly. So you could ask if
your service has something like that.

Forte Agent for Windows, for mail and news, had an option to check for
"pop before smtp" which took care of this problem. It signed in to the
pop account without downloading mail before signing in to the smtp server.

With PowerMail, also, I pretty much only send after getting mail so that
helps.
That is, I write my messages, they are in the outbox, and then I "connect
again" which downloads new mail and sends my mail right away afterwards.
--
Barbara Needham