On   Sunday, November 14, 2004,   Marlyse Comte   sent forth:

>in my case, when I still tried following your exchange, you guys where
>talking martian for all that I know, and I am not THAT illiterate when it
>comes to computers. soo... I can only assume that the same thing happened
>to many other readers too. which again would be a pointer why you don't
>get more input of other users.
>
>---marlyse

Their exchange made perfect sense to me yet I also think the discussion
has left the confines of this list.

IMHO, the biggest reason they don't see too many replies is the fact that
the person with the problem is still using 10.2.8 AND the beta!!  How
many PM users still use 10.2.8?  How many jump on board a beta?  How many
have both?

I am a computer professional for a university and have to deal with betas
and interactions on a regular basis.  It is mainly because of that fact
that I almost never use betas, especially with bought software.  I figure
I've paid for a license to use working software so I will wait until the
production version is released.

The second biggest reason, again IMHO, is that the discussion has taken
on some nasty overtones and most people would rather just stay away.

--
Tim Lapin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]