ff-musikbüro wrote:

>my new provider only supports the "smtp after pop" protocol, which means,
>whenever I try to send a message, it gets refused, as I would have to
>look into my income-box first.

In the "mail Schedulings and Locations", check "Send mail to SMTP server:
when retrieving mail", and uncheck "immediately when queued". Then you
will need to check mail (either manually or via a schedule) after queuing
a message for sending.

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "PowerMail 5.0 is definitely the best mail app for someone who needs
    more power than Apple Mail, but doesn't want to spend a lot of money."
  PowerMail user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com