On Tue, Sep 14, 20042:29 PM, the following words from Anthony Sanna
[EMAIL PROTECTED], emerged from a plethora of SPAM ...

>>Speaking of this, wasn't there supposed to be some surprise for us like
>>last thursday or something?  or did I miss it?
>
>...or as Holiday Inn used to say, "The best surprise is no surprise".
>
>BTW...  I just went to the CTM site, and all they had for download was PM
>5.0.1.  What's the link for 5.0.2b1?

It's my understanding that the latest PM beta was not a public beta.
Therefore, knowledge of it should not have been announced to sites like
MacUpdate and Versiontracker.

Also, the surprise I thought, was supposed to happen, or have something
to do with the beta going public - no longer a beta app.

One sec. I know I saved the email and it wasn't very long ago, so I'll
paste the relevant info.

OK. Here's the info from the email I received from PowerMail about the
beta release:

**"Greetings,

We are pleased to announce a bug fix for PowerMail which is now available
for quicklooks testing (please: no external disclosure and feedback on
the lists only until Thursday evening).

Alongside the 5.0.2 final release we might also have a surprise for y'all
[hint, hint].

In the meantime, the application is available from:

             <http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/ctm/pm5.0.2b1.dmg>

If this link displays odd characters, try pasting it into the URL field
of your browser and then use <option-return> instead of <return>

PowerMail change log 5.0.2b1

     Bug fixes

   * A crash could occur when retrieving a message whose size is an exact
     multiple of 4096 bytes
   * The "URLs in header" popup did not show https URLs
   * Any AppleScript called by PowerMail that contained its script in the
     data fork but whose file also had a resource fork would result in
     potential changes not being saved upon quitting.
   * When attempting to save a script upon quitting without access rights
     (i.e. using a non-administrator account) PowerMail could crash upon
     quitting.
   * If the location or version of SpamSieve has changed, PowerMail was
     repeatedly asking the user to locate it. Now, PowerMail should ask only
     once and remember.
   * The disk image now contains the most recent version of SpamSieve, 2.2
   * Fixed three minor glitches in the German-language plug-in

Kind regards,

the PowerMail team"**

--
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thoughts on
the unthinking.

-  John Maynard Keynes (1883-1946)

* 867 PowerBook G4 * OS X 10.2.8 * 768 MB Ram *
* Addictions: iTunes * AppleScript * Mike's Cards * FileMaker Pro *