It appears that on 14/9/04 at 7:16 am Rene Merz spake thus:

>According to my PM preferences, mails in the trash directory should be
>deleted after 30 days. Most of them get deleted - but not all! Some are
>resisting since months, I don't know for what reason.
>
>Is there a way to delete manually such undeleted trash?

Two reasons as far as I am aware
1 the mail existed in a previous version of PM
2 the delete only starts counting from when you put the item in the
trash, not when you eeceived it

I use a script to delete such messages - 'delete message immediately'

Pat O'Halloran http://www.danu.co.uk
Stone circles were common - Druids built them as weather computers
- it was always cheaper to build a new 33-MegaLith circle - so there
were generally plenty of ancient ones around - Terry Pratchett