Howdy all!

This message is about the Views menu and viewing options.

First, shouldn't "View Options..." be listed right under the "View All",
"View Unread" and "View Only..." choices?

Secondly, I prefer the 3 pane views of the Browser Layout because then I
don't have PM message windows opening in different places and sizes.
However, when viewing messages in either of the 3 pane views, I can't
figure out a shortcut for "Delete current viewed message" and go to the
previous or next message. If I double-click a message in the list, it
opens in a separate window, and THEN I can use shortcuts for deleting and
moving to the next message.

In the Preferences, I can choose to "Select next message after moving to
trash" in the "General" pane, but that's overall unusable because I often
want to view or take action upon just one message in the middle of a list
of UNread messages, and deleting that message then chooses the next
message and marks it as read. Or, when I have to stop reading messages to
go do something, I have to undo the "mark as read" action so I know what
messages I haven't yet read when I return to that mailbox. I've been
trying numerous shortcuts - have I missed these?

Also, when viewing messages in the 3-pane views, why are all the
attachment options in File>Attachments always unavailable? It would be
nice to right-click (sorry, control-click for those without multiple
input device buttons) or select one of the menu options to act on the
attachments of an incoming message without opening the message.

If I open the message that has attachments in its own window and then
select the sliver of a section for attachments, I then have a few options
of what I can do with the attachments.

"Open attachment", "Show in Finder" and "Move to Finder trash" are the
enabled choices. Is it possible to have these options available when in
list view without resorting to the multiple-step process of opening the
message and clicking in the attachment area?

cheshirekat

--
Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you
don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a

- Charlie Parker (1920-1955), U.S. jazz musician. quoted in Children of
Albion: Poetry of the Underground in Britain, "Afterwords," sct. 3, ed.
Michael Horovitz (1969).

* 867 PowerBook G4 * OS X 10.2.8 * 768 MB Ram *