I have been using CCC as my standard procedure for backing up my
PowerBook (12"/867GHz/80GB) for quite some time now (over a year? backup
every week or so). I also used it to transfer my system to a white iBook
14" as I my PowerBook needed repair (and transfered the system back the
same way). For backup, I use an external 200 GB hard disk which holds up
to three versions of my internal HD. For transferring systems I connect
the target machine by FireWire and start it in target mode - it then
shows up as a hard disk, and can transfer my system directly (after
erasing the target hard disk - make sure you do not erase something
important).

One tip that may once in a while be needed:
in one instance I could not boot the target machine (iBook), don't know
exactly why... Nevertheless, I simply used the copied system on the
target machine from the source PowerBook, i.e. connect target machine in
target mode, set its internal disk to be the start disk for my source
PowerBook, and booted the source PowerBook while the target machine was
still connected in target mode. That worked, and after booting the target
system once form the source machine, I could also boot the target machine
directly.

Olaf

--
callas software gmbh
Olaf Druemmer

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:57:49 +0300