On Sat, Apr 10, 2004, the following words from Christian Roth
[EMAIL PROTECTED], emerged from a plethora of SPAM ...

>PM has spring-loaded folders, so you can just grab the message and move
>it to the place where you want it by dragging and delaying over the
>desired (sub-) folders.
>
>>and drag the Sent message into it. Then repeat this for every
>>message sent.
>
>If there are some properties to each message that determine where they
>should go after being sent, it might be possible to set up some outgoing
>message filters to automatically move the message there after being sent.
>Of course, this won't work if you cannot specify such a set of filing
>rules, but need to file each message "by hand"...

I'm a filter fiend - mostly due to the fact that I find trying to drag
and drop while a list is scrolling very distasteful.  I usually manage to
overscroll, then scroll beyond the target again when going backward. So I
have filters that auto-file most messages that go to the same people/
mailing lists. For the occasional message that can't be dealt with using
a filter, I rely on AppleScripts that are triggered by Quickeys buttons.
Even in the Finder, I try to avoid drag and drop to destinations that
aren't in view by using a contextual menu utility called Quick Access to
move, copy, create aliases and open folders. But, I'd be happy if there
were a "File In ..." contextual menu. I also really liked how Mail had
the option to file a message in the last recently used folder (Does it
still have that feature?).

It would also be nice to have a PM contextual menu of Services and
recently used AppleScripts.

--
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca, writer and philosopher

* 867 PowerBook G4 * OS X 10.2.8 * 768 MB Ram *