computer artwork by subhash / 04.4.2 / 5:23 AM wrote:

>>I ran a Norton on my system yesterday
>
>1.) An old rule: Never use Norton on Mac!
>2.) Hope somebody has a hint for you how to repair Norton's 'repair' ...

When Norton tries to repair, it asks if you want to create a Undo file.
This is important.  Without this, you won't be able to undo the damage
Norton creates.

There is no single best tool exists.  It is better to have them all.
- DiskWarrior is designed to do only one thing, optimize/fix b-tree.  It
is a great preventative tool.  I run every Sundays.
- TechToolPro is focused on hardware problems.  The aim is different from
Norton.
- Norton is designed to do everything.  The catch is, in order to do
everything, it does its job by _guess_.  Now you know why you must create
Undo file.  Norton's guess against OSX has not been accurate.
- DataRescue from ProSoft is probably the best data recovery tool once
you lost the data from spinning HD.

--

- Hiro

[PROTECTED]