John Snippe [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 stated:

>Not, however, a solution to
>something 'wrong'... do added features have to be corrective to be valid?

No, I probably used the wrong term here. I've seen the way Eudora does it
and while not my style, I can see merit in it for some.

One thing I will say though. When making suggestions always keep in mind
that software being what it is can always do 'X' (sometimes not very
easily). But just because you now have 4 ways of doing something, it
doesn't always make the product better. In some cases it will be more
confusing which is never a good thing. As an example in my garage and I
have at least 7 different saws (power and hand). Why in the world do I
have so many when I could easily do with 3 or 4? The answer is just
because you can do more than one thing with a tool, doesn't always mean
that tool does both extremely well.

The thing I was trying to get at is ask yourself does this new feature
add a lot of value? Does it still keep the interface clean and
uncluttered (Eudora fails miserably in this category)?

I'm not saying your points aren't valid, just think about how it affects
the overall scheme of things.

Wayne

---
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
- Mark Twain

Live DAT & Music Page: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/
Wayne's Music Calendar: http://ical.mac.com/wayneb/Music
PowerMail AppleScript Archives: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html