On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:27:51 +0100,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The message ID will be different for each mail within a thread, but
> there is an In-Reply-To field that contains the message ID of the
> message replied to; this is used for threading. For example, copying
>> from the header of your message:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is the ID of Barbara's message
> that you replied to.

I see.

> However, sometimes threading doesn't work, either because someone
> participating in an exchange doesn't use reply or because the reply is
> to a message within a digest (which has its own message ID that is not
> connected to any thread). Or someone hits "Reply", but edits the subject
> as he really wants to start a new thread. In the first case, the thread
> breaks up into two subthreads, and in the second case, mail clients
> supporting threading will display the message within a thread it doesn't
> belong to.

Well that can happend allways that someone destroy the
thread.

>> The List-id field was only a smal problem for me. And for
>> me it's not so necessary like the possibility to sort by
>> thread.
>
> But thankfully, filtering for List-id isn't a problem at all; you can do
> it if you want. If the mail headers do contain a List-id field, that is:
> of the 16 mailing lists I've subscribed to, only 6 use "list-id".

Well at me (ok only subscribed to yahoo and mailman lists
(think yahoo also use mailman) there is a list-id.
I looked into Gyazmail (because was interested) and also
here the thread was displayed good. (without list-id).
So I asked myself how other MUA's will do it? They also
like I would say cook only with water.

But thank you for explaining it to me. Like always to learn
new things.