PS,

I've been using email of some kind since the late 70's but have never
used Eudora, I don't like iMAP, and use POP for all my "client" based email.

The In tray is where received messages go that have not been filed
elsewhere through filters. The Out box is where messages are put to be
sent, after they are sent they are filed according to your Powermail
preferences. Filters can be applied to incoming and outgoing messages. I
have hundreds of filters.

You can't directly edit received messages. I have an applescript that
lets me change the subject, and use SmartWrap(TM) to clean up ugly message
if I care. If you try to modify a message, PM will allow you to
duplicate it, at which point you can modify it all you like. I don't
know why they do this, but it's not been a problem for me, although I
would prefer the ability to modify directly.

Perhaps not so visible is Powermail's rapid ability to locate messages
in your data file. I have lots of mail, if I can't find what I need I'm
not happy.

I've had excellent support form the members of this list, although I
rarely require it. CMT Dev responds on things that only they know.
Sometimes quickly, sometimes not. Powermail has already outlasted Eudora.

I have no inside information on CMT, I figure they are a small company
with a few focused products. They have been around long enough to prove
they can run a business. One thing I know from my own experience is that
small companies are VERY focused on the products that give them revenue
and are often driven to excellence when competing against others much
larger than they are.

When I started my company I was one of 100's in my particular vertical
market. There were lots of players much larger than I was. Over the past
20 years we've moved into the #2 position in our particular market. #1
is still much larger than we are, but few would have predicted we'd
outlast many of our competitors who are no longer around.

The future is uncertain. If Powermail works for you, the worst thing
that can happen is that there are no updates and someday you'll have to
change again. However, when you purchase Powermail, you are helping make
sure that there will be future Powermail releases, so I strongly
encourage you to take the leap and make the most of it.

I buy a LOT of software. I figure the ONLY way to know for sure if it
can help me is to try integrating it into my daily life. Some products I
thought would be useful, have not, and some that I questioned the value
of, turned out to be invaluable. I don't buy software to "break even"
when stuff works for me I get a big payoff, big enough that I can
justify not using lots of products I've purchased for evaluation. At the
same time I'm encouraging small developers to produce products. Choice
costs and I'm willing to pay.

It sounds like you are happy with your move to the Mac, that was
possible because lots of people continued to purchase Apple products
even while the press was predicting Apple's doom.

Buy Powermail, enjoy it's strengths, tolerate it's weaknesses. I have,
and I'm very happy with it.

  Bill Schjelderup, President              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  COMPanion Corporation                 801-365-0555 voice
  1831 Fort Union Blvd.                    801-943-7752 fax
  Salt Lake City, Utah 84121-3041   www.companioncorp.com
Nusquam est qui ubique est. - He who is everywhere is nowhere.
may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are NOT
the intended recipient, I'm sorry to bother you and will attempt to
address my messages more carefully in the future.