r.m...@telquel.net

>Jefferis Peterson wrote:
>[...]
>
>>Clicking URL links in emails does not always work. It is a known issue,
>>but when and why it works and why it doesn't is a mystery.
>In PM it works always, as long as the URL is written in an absolutely
>correct way (sometimes there are spaces in between which may not be
>there or if a long URL contains a manually sedately line break).
>But the safest way to write an URL into a mail is to copy and paste it
>from the browser address-field and to put-it between < and > (while
>pasting-it, PM places the < and > itself):
>is much safer (for all mail programs!) then
>http://www.ctmdev.com/support/mailing-lists-manage-your-p.html
>especially if the URL is a long one and broken by a line break in the mail.

Where I find it not working is mostly in viewing HTML emails that have
graphic links or text links.

>>You cannot save common search features like saving a display of unread
>>mail. There is a recent mail, but that does not display unread mail.
>(Don't understand this point.)

Entourage has a Saved Search feature at the bottom of the folders column
and in it are default views like "unread mail" (or "Flagged", "received
today,"  or any personal search terms you save ) which, when you click
them, show a view similar to the In Tray, but with all unread mail, not
just recent mail.

>>You cannot create an HTML email.
>Thanks God! HTML mails are for me the most unwanted mail configuration.
>(But if you have to create-it, you'll find tools outside PM.)

Well, sometimes my work requires it, and sometimes I just want to send a
comic dragged and dropped.

>>Although I have Powermail set to delete emails from the server that I
>>have deleted from PM, it fails to delete them on next connection.
>>Sometimes it retrieves emails and then removes them from the server
>>instead of leaving them on the server as instructed. This is important
>>for me when I travel and need to have copies left on the server to be
>>downloaded when I get home.
>Maybe you have to change also your configuration on your mail server.
>Login there and check the settings.

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with my server settings. This works
perfectly for me in Entourage.

*********
Jefferis Kent Peterson
www.PetersonSales.net