  Weekend Programming on America's NewsChannel MSNBC

THE WEEKEND NEWSLETTER
AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL MSNBC
Saturday January 25, 2003- Sunday January 26, 2003

        Saturday, starting at 8p eastern, tune in for a whole night of our "CORONER"
series taking you inside the Los Angeles County Coroner's office.
        On Sunday at 10pm we PREMIERE a riveting episode in our LOCKUP series.  This
one is INSIDE SAN QUENTIN, the state prison in California that is one of the most
notorious in the world.  Today the institution is outdated and crumbling which
directly contributes to the brutal attacks that take place there on a constant basis.
MSNBC was granted unprecedented access to this prison, including a never-before-seen
look at Death Row, with its most volatile section, "the adjustment center."  Don't
miss it!  (If you do, it replays at 1AM!)

        Here's a look at the documentary schedule for this weekend.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 25
6AM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: ROBERT DOWNEY, JR.
Robert Downey Jr. has been regarded as the best actor of his generation. He is a
veteran of more than 40 films. But it's his drug addiction, not his acting that has
kept him in the headlines.  In this hour, the volatile and infamous life of Robert
Downey, Jr.

7AM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: ROB LOWE
A new generation knows Rob Lowe as one of the stars of "The West Wing." A slightly
older crowd remembers his Brat Pack years. In between is the sex scandal that nearly
destroyed his career and triggered a media sensation. See how Rob Lowe managed one of
the greatest comebacks in Hollywood history.

12PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: LAURENCIA "BAMBI" BEMBENEK
It was one of the most talked about cases of the 1980s. Laurencia "Bambi" Bembenek, an
ex-cop turned playboy bunny, made headlines when she was found guilty of murder.  But
there's much more to this murder mystery. Some think she's not a killer, but the
victim of a terrible injustice.

1PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: ROBERT BLAKE
He's been charged and held without bail in the shocking murder of his wife. But before
the fading star was a suspect in a Hollywood homicide, he was a cute child star who
became the tough, crime-fighting detective Tony Baretta. Robert Blake was a poor kid
from a small town who made his way across the country to Hollywood to become famous,
then infamous.

2PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: JAY MOLONEY
If you wanted to make it big in Hollywood, you went to Jay Moloney. He was one of the
youngest and most powerful agents on the west coast, an ambitious "wonderkid" whose
drive and personality won the hearts of Tinsletown's elite. But there was a dark
secret deep inside that would eventually destroy him.

6PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: IN THE SHADOW OF SADDAM
Renowned National Geographic magazine photographer Reza plunges into one of the
world's most politically significant hotspots -- the Kurdish enclave in northern Iraq
known as Kurdistan. EXPLORER joins this socially committed photographer as he
documents life in a troubled, yet vibrant, land.
Boyd Matson hosts.

8PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: SUDDEN DEATH
Of the hundreds of new cases presented at the LA County Coroner's department, the
overwhelming majority are caused by sudden deaths, such as death by gun shot or auto
accident. In fact, there are 2,000 cases of sudden deaths in LA County each year.
We'll follow four such mysterious cases including a man who was shot dead on a boat,
two possible suicides, and a woman who was hit and killed by a bus. We'll learn who
died, and the baffling explanations surrounding these deaths.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

9PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DECEASED: UNKNOWN
Another installment in our series of documentaries on the Los Angeles County Coroner's
office.  In this episode we see the huge task these men and women have: putting names
with the 500 unidentified bodies that are found in L.A. county each year.  Believe it
or not, the coroner's investigators bring great humor, as well as respect, to every
job site.  We'll show you the astounding high and low-tech techniques they use to give
the dead their proper identity.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DEATH ON THE STREET
Check out this episode where we tag along with the coroner's investigators who are
trying to identify victims in a series of gang related shootings.

11PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: SUDDEN DEATH

12AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DECEASED: UNKNOWN

1AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DEATH ON THE STREET

2AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: SUDDEN DEATH

3AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DECEASED: UNKNOWN

4AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DEATH ON THE STREET

5AM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: IN THE SHADOW OF SADDAM

SUNDAY, JANUARY 26
12PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: ROB LOWE

1PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: ROBERT DOWNEY, JR.

2PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: DON JOHNSON
He's been called the sexiest man in America. Don Johnson is a T.V. legend whose good
looks and pastel suits made his character, Sonny Crockett, a household name. Along the
way, his hard drinking ways made headlines, and so did his on-again, off-again
relationship with Melanie Griffith.

6-8PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: AMERICA WILD
SNAKEBITE!: When fangs meet flesh, the outcome can be excruciating and even deadly.
EXPLORER joins experts in tropical Florida to learn how these life-threatening bites
can be treated. OTTER CHAOS: Gain an inside look at the wild life of the charismatic
river otter when National Geographic EXPLORER meets the amazing family who helped save
Missouri's population of these playful and complex creatures. AMERICA'S LOST MUSTANGS:
Cowboys mix an old-fashion roundup with modern technology to save the descendants of
America's first mustangs.

8-10PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: VIETNAM'S UNSEEN WAR
A war that the American public thinks it knows intimately is about to be revealed in a
new light, as legendary photojournalist Tim Page returns to Vietnam. Introducing
viewers to the other side of the conflict as captured through the lens of North
Vietnamese photographers, EXPLORER reveals haunting photographs from behind the front
lines. Most have never been seen before in America.
Boyd Matson hosts.

10PM ET
***PREMIERE***
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: LOCKUP: INSIDE SAN QUENTIN
This is a disturbing trip behind the walls of the notorious California prison,
including exclusive footage from Death Row, considered so dangerous corrections
officers serve meals in full riot gear.
John Seigenthaler hosts.

11PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: VIETNAM'S UNSEEN WAR

1AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: LOCKUP: INSIDE SAN QUENTIN

2AM ET
WEEKEND MAGAZINE: ELMIRA BOMB PLOT/SCHOOL HOUR
For a while, it was happening with heartbreaking and frightening frequency.
Schools turned into killing grounds, students killing other students, and sometimes
teachers.
And each time.. in Jonesboro,Paducah and at Columbine High, the same question was
asked: WHY? Tonight, you'll meet a young man who may have the answer. One day, he
showed up at his school, carrying 2 guns, 13 bombs, and a grudge.
Reported by NBC's Ann Curry.

3AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: DANGEROUS BEAUTY
Some people will do anything, really ANYTHING, to look younger, even if it means
seriously risking their health.  From botched surgeries to unlicensed doctors, Florida
state authorities battle illegal plastic surgery, while victims go through painful
surgery to correct what's been done to them. We'll take a look at the lucrative and
frightening underground plastic surgery industry.

4AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: EXTREME PLASTIC SURGERY
2AM - 3AM ET/ 11PM - 12AM PT
>From the guy who dreams of looking just like Drew Carey to the woman who hopes to be
>mistaken for Barbie.  We go inside the world of extreme plastic surgery, where people
>go under the knife for four or five procedures at a time. Some of them do it over and
>over and over again-- with dramatic results.  A look at the extremes that people are
>going to in order to have what they think is the perfect body.

5AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: THE LAST CHANCE?
3AM - 4AM ET/ 12AM - 1AM PT
The extremes some will go to win the battle of the bulge.

*Schedule subject to change.

For more info, go to http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCCABLE_Front.asp

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this MSNBC Primetime
Announcements
newsletter because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22